With decades of collective experience in courtrooms across the world, our team is focused on delivering the correct decision for our clients. We achieve this through a combination of dedication to our clients, focusing on innovative solutions and drawing on our wealth of legal knowledge. At every step of the way, even in your most darkest days, we’ll stand by you in solid support.
Tara spent an extensive portion of her career as Head of Legal with Dairy Farm, and most recently, Vice President of the legal department of an SGX mainboard listed company in the technology sector. These inhouse positions ensued after she had several years of combined practices in litigation, corporate, banking, corporate finance and trust related transactions in a bank.
Some of the notable cases Tara has handled include:
- Pioneered the government’s first launch of the warehouse retail scheme in Giant Tampines (together with Courts and Ikea) by incorporating a BTO and leaseback structure.
- Negotiated with 7-Eleven Inc and Shell on the take-over and running of all Shell convenience stores as 7-Eleven stores at all its petroleum outlets in Singapore.
- Negotiated and inked the tripartite agreement with The People’s Association and an IT based infrastructure company for the launch and workings of the Passioncard islandwide.
- Conversion of “Shop n Save” into “Giant” stores country-wide which included, amongst others, review of all existing multiple tenancies, re-structuring /consolidation of entities as well as asset transfers, and application of waiver of stamp fee due to transfers within associates.
- Negotiated and handled the acquisition of a supermarket chain; as well as the sale of all the business of the PhotoFinish group including novations of tenancies thereof.
- Handled the potential acquisition of a European hypermarket with operations in Asia.
- Advised in leases and long-term lease related transactions, as well as tenant (both commercial and individual/ landlord) related disputes.
- Advised in IT and manufacturing related agreements.
- Advised in banking, trust related and various forms of commercial agreements, which includes strategic structuring and implementation of trust structures for investment or the attainment of efficient corporate structures incorporating special purpose vehicles for corporate and taxation needs.
- Advised in several mergers and acquisitions.
- Acted for a company in its initial public offerings on mainboard and SGX-SESDAQ.
- Advised a listed company in its nonunder written and non-renounceable rights issue with warrants.
- Advised a listed company on a convertible loan.
- Acted for a listed company in an interested party transaction.
- Advised listed companies in capital reduction / cancellation of shares.
- Advised a listed company in capital reduction after its privatisation.
- Acted for listed companies in capital and debt restructuring.
- Advised a listed company in its venture capital investments.
- Advised a listed company on the employee share option scheme.
Appointments & Memberships
Member, Law Society of Singapore
Member, Singapore Academy of Law